httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject dbmmanage MD5 implementation?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:12:51 GMT

Is there any reason that a DBM (or DB) auth file using MD5 would
reject?  It seems all recent Apache builds would be happy with it.

Has anyone patched dbmmanage to do MD5 encryption?

Under Apache/Win32 we have only the option of MD5/SHA1/plaintext.
Funny that ActiveState Perl/Win32 implements crypt(), but it's pretty
useless to Apache/Win32 admins :-/  Would be nice to incorporate
crypt(), but the only obvious implementation, UFC-crypt, is under the
LGPL and unlikely to be exportable from the US.

Finally, I've seen references that dbmmanage accepts a groups arg
after the pw, but that isn't what we have implemented.  I'd be happy
to patch, but can we agree on a 'prompt for password' password, such
as '*', that would kick a prompt back to the user, rather than
accepting the plaintext password as gospel?

Bill