httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/win32 util_win32.c
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:34:40 GMT
No...

  If you stepped my patch to util_win32.c, you will see that we have
a much more complex schema to untangle names into the pure elements.
What I've done is bypassed most of this for the /, //, //server to
actually accept these elements without any sort of find test.  We
don't really know if //server is legit until we test //server/share/.
Now we accept all these flavors, although they consitute an incomplete
path spec.

  The ap_os_canonical_filename() stuff in util_[win32|os2|netware].c
is very different right now, and OS2 and WIN32 could probably merge.
I believe OS2 also supports blehblehbleh.x, and either blehbl~1.x or
blehbleh.x flavors of short names.  It seems very early on that NT
had choices in the config for how short names could be composed.
Since OS2 also allows Novell client access, and Novell would use
blehbleh.x, I was not happy with simply expanding shortnames in the
*~* case.  Now we always case-correct and expand shortnames in
ap_os_systemcase_filename.

  In Win32, I'm still unhappy with the amount of duplicity in the
ap_os_case_canonical_filename and ap_os_systemcase_filename functions.
I haven't decided precisely what to do here.  If you have suggestions,
they are welcome.

  ap_os_canonical_filename() (http_core.c:1454), for OS2/NETWARE,
should really sit in their respective util_[OS2|NETWARE].c files,
if they don't already.

Bill