httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support dbmmanage
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:30:15 GMT
Some extra thoughts:

  First, will someone on Netware tell me what the $^O value is
on that platform?  Also, TPF suffers some problems here too, and
this probably needs work if it will run at all under TPF.

  I'm guessing that OS2 already supports and uses crypt() within
Apache, and can handle the /dev/tty stuff inside this script.  If
I'm wrong, offer up a patch.

  I'm comfortable with use'ing (the generally distributed) Digest::SHA1,
but not so comfortable that Crypt::PasswdMD5 is distributed at all.
Note also, Crypt::PasswdMD5 didn't export apache_md5_crypt()... the
patch should be up on CPAN later this week to make this work.

  Is there any reasonable way to conditionally disable MD5/SHA1 support
if these requirements aren't met, but continue gracefully if the user
just wants crypt or plaintext?

  Please test on Unix, make sure I haven't broken it, and play around
with the features.

Bill