httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Logging aborted connections in the access log
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:42:58 GMT

Ok... hot button issue :-)  Size alone, 2+ bytes, dictates
(code, 1+ digits, and space) that we aught to have a simple code
system, allowing us to see if the request (and connection) were
terminated (and how, if known.)

> How about supporting both numerical and human result codes,
> and keeping the two distinct? (i.e. you would get "911"
> and/or "I hate you", depending on config: readable if you
> want, fast and compact otherwise.)

Perfectly acceptable, I'd make this case sensistive (caps for any
logged entry in 'textual' mode, lowercase for any logged 'status'.)

The point?  Let's translate -any- code (http status, etc...) for
the log reader, if the administrator chooses :-)