httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/win32 util_win32.c
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 18:53:48 GMT
> wrowe       00/09/22 11:37:59
>   Modified:    src/os/win32 util_win32.c
>   Log:
>     Fix util_win32 to accept '/', '//', '//machine/', and '//machine/share/'
>     for url parsing in order to accept those <Directory > blocks.

Warning - a very similar fix may be required to the OS2 port, but since
I have no way to test it, I have no assurance that OS2 will even match
<Directory /> with the other patches committed.  Please see util_os2.c
if you work on that platform and propose a similar fix if one applies.

>     Big warning: remove the assumption that *~* is the alias name, and always
>     walk the tree for aliasing.  This test is flawed, because NT can be, and
>     Novell always follows different conventions.  It is only safe to always
>     test, but the old test remains with a scary symbol to include it.
>     There is some other optimization available, to perhaps flag that the url
>     has already been walked/translated, but that isn't incorporated [yet].

I will get on this if noone else steps up... I'm now out of town till late
Sunday, but will check back then - apply any fixes, backout whatever is
completely unacceptable, etc, review thoughts, etc.

View raw message