httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject <Location /> && <Directory /> combined?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:55:57 GMT

Mom always told me to fix just one thing at a time.
Case sensitivity wasn't the issue...

Here is the lethal combination:

<Directory />
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName Local
    AuthUserFile c:/apache/.htpasswd
    Require user admin
</Directory>

<Location />
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName DAV
    AuthUserFile c:/apache/.htpasswd
    <LimitExcept GET HEAD POST>
        Require user admin
    </LimitExcept>
</Location>

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot "e:/"
    ServerName localhost
</VirtualHost>

When I comment out the <Location />, <Directory /> authentication
occurs.  I'm really, really not happy with this scenario...

I would have expected <LimitExcept bleh> to fall back on the default
restrictions.  Which was the expected behavior?

Bill