httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: os-specific directories and -Ifoo/OSDIR in APR
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 15:21:31 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> > Since OSDIR is os390, this searches for include directories which
> > don't exist.  I'm surprised that nobody hit this on AIX, BeOS, or OS/2
> > (in other words, what am I missing here :) ).
> >
> > It looks like we need variables such as FILE_IO_OSDIR, LOCKS_OSDIR,
> > and THREADPROC_OSDIR to be set in configure.in by logic like this:
>
> This is thoroughly ugly, and I would REALLY like to avoid it.  I don't
> have the time to look into this right now, so I won't vote, but I strongly
> want to find another option.

Another option might be to change the include directives to something
like the following so that the compiler looks first in foo/OSDIR in
case the directory exists but then looks in foo/DEFAULT_OSDIR

INCLUDES=-I../../include -I../../file_io/@OSDIR@ -I../../file_io/@DEFAULT_OSDIR@ \
-I../../locks/@OSDIR@ -I../../locks/@DEFAULT_OSDIR@ \
-I../../threadproc/@OSDIR@ -I../../threadproc/@DEFAULT_OSDIR@

OTOH, to me this is uglier :) and more importantly it solves only one
instance of the problem.  A configure variable with the name of the
directory used for file_io (and other features) could be applied to
solve other problems in the future.

Maybe some other solution will rear its un-ugly head...

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...