httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: AP_FTYPE_CONNECTION == BUFF + IOLs
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:58:25 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> I didn't design the filter code, we all did.  It was done in a large
> meeting with about twenty people there.  Buff implements three
> things.  1)  Buffering, 2) Chunking, 3) charset translation.  1 is handled
> by the core filter.  2 is handled by the chunking filter and 3 is handled
> by the translation filter.

Content translation is easy enough to pull out.  Translation of
headers on input from the client is a different story.  I don't think that it
is rocket science, but it isn't so simple as "handled by the translation
filter."  See the message with id
<m3lmxu2wfq.fsf@adsl-77-240-89.rdu.bellsouth.net>.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...