httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src Makefile.in
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 18:35:09 GMT
James Sutherland <jas88@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> On 9 Aug 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > James Sutherland <jas88@cam.ac.uk> writes:
> >

> > > +1
> > >
> > > How easy would it be to keep a doc-free version available, though? (For
> > > automated tests etc., it would be a little quicker to check out the code
> > > only.)
> >
> > I'm sure you already thought of this, but just in case:
> >
> > 1) Docs are required for "make install" to work.
>
> Hrmph. Unless anyone can suggest any regression tests for the
> documentation files - actually, I can think of a few, but they'd all fail
> every .html file ATM - I don't want to install them anyway...

I certainly not arguing with you about what your regression tests
might/should/could/would do...  My original comment about docs being
needed for "make install" to work was that, for my tests, it isn't
that I test the doc files; it is that I wish to run the result of
"make install" in order to ensure that "make install" works and that
any weirdness done by libtool when it installs dsos went fine.

Have fun...
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...