httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_cgi.c
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2000 20:16:15 GMT writes:

> As I said above, this is a non-optimized solution.  The ap_send_fb stuff
> needs to be moved to core_filter.  I expect that to happen once the BUFFs
> have been removed, but if somebody gets to it before me, cool.

By "The ap_send_fb stuff" do you mean playing with the timeout of the
pipe and flushing any existing data if we think we're going to block
reading the pipe?

That needs to be in *every* filter AFAICT.  Any filter could be the
reader of the pipe bucket, and any filter is going to need to try to
flush any data read so far before actually waiting for the source of
the pipe (e.g., CGI) to generate more data.

(I'll be happy to be persuaded otherwise :)  This is something that is
a little troublesome to me.)

Have fun,

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message