httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: undefines using loadable modules
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:56:43 GMT
On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 06:57:28AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > Yes, but 1.3 could have used --whole-archive to solve the
> > problem.
>
> libtool seems to use --whole-archive, though AFAICT it doesn't support
> handing that function to the application. But, from my perusal through
> it, not all platforms support this, and they definitely don't all use
> that particular syntax.

I actually had more time to think about this too.  The problem is that in
1.3, we compiled in static libraries, so only libraries where we didn't
use ANY of the functions needed the stubs.  Libtool doesn't support
that.  Even static libraries are considered dynamic in Libtool.  I may
just write the hack file, but that really sucks.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131