httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: filters and subrequests
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:11:29 GMT

> > However, you seem to be pointing out that we need to
> > go one step further and fix the fundamental filter
> > hooking/insertion design problem,
> > which I'm OK with.
>
> Possibly. There are definitely some issues, but not necessarily problems
> which suggest the current hook-insertion scheme needs to be completely
> tossed.

Why are you so against changing this?  Can we please have a technical
reason against making this change?  The current scheme requires adding a
new type every time we come up with a dependancy.  There are more filter
types than just connection, network, and content.  What happens when we
have a gzip filter installed, and we want to insert a php filter?  Things
will break with the current schema.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131