httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: AP_FTYPE_CONNECTION == BUFF + IOLs
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:21:45 GMT

> Let's not rewrite history.

There was no revision of history.  Bill was asking why we are removing
BUFFs and IOLs.  The answer is because the correct design is to use
filters.  The idea that a CONNECTION filter can be done with BUFF+IOL was
discussed at the meeting, and we all decided that splitting BUFF into its
component parts was the right way to go.

> We designed filtering at that meeting. You removed the IOLs.

This question had very little to do with the removal of IOLs.  It had to
do with replacing BUFF + IOL with filters.  Filters are correct, BUFF +
IOL is wrong.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131