httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: How to filter headers
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:04:58 GMT
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > The only place the core gets called between the content_handler and the
> > first filter is ap_pass_brigade.  That's why we want to put it in that
> > function.
>
> Not the core filter, the Apache core -- the one that does all
> the phase dispatching.
>
> I don't think we want it in ap_pass_brigade(), because I count
> ten (10) occurrences of calls to that.  Including one in a module.

Ken, the only place the Apache core gets called between the content
handler and the first filter is ap_pass_brigade.  That's the only
place.  There is no other place that logic can go.  It is easy for Apache
to determine if this is the first time ap_pass_bucket has been called for
a request.  IF so, we convert the headers.  If not, we don't.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131