httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: PCRE symbols
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:37:05 GMT

If we are going to do this for PCRE, does it make sense to also namespace
protect expat?  That way, mod_perl can use XML again.  I could write a
small perl script that does the name space protection, which would only be
run when upgrading packages if that makes things easier.

Ryan

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Jon Travis wrote:

> The inclusion of the PCRE library within Apache 2.0 causes some
> problems with other programs which also use PCRE.  mod_snake
> is the one which immediately comes to mind.. ;-)
>
> Would it be possible to namespace protect the PCRE we use
> in Apache, to avoid these collisions?  There are only a
> handful of symbols which would need to be changed.
>
> -- Jon Travis

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131