httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main util_filter.c
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:40:06 GMT
On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > Ryan: this was vetoed pending discussion. (it was in my first email)
> >
> > As I've said, this simply reverses the problem. Now the situation is that
> > the LIFO makes it easy to insert *some* types of filters and harder for
> > others. That is exactly where we were before.
> >
> > You wanted an example: a PHP filter decides that it will generate SSI text
> > and wants to add an SSI filter. With the original add_filter, this will come
> > afterwards.
> >

> Hold on a sec... is that right? Wouldn't that cause a push and pop
> in the right order? That is, it's inserted correctly?

As the code stands right now, The filters are added in two pieces.

    content filters      and       transport filters

Filters are always added at the end of the list, except that transport
filters are added at the end of the transport list and content filters are
added at the end of the content list.

The design that Roy has been advocating, and that I have been suggesting
over the last day or so is:

filter1
filter2
filter3
core_filter

if we are in filter 2, and we want to add a filter based on something that
happened in filter 2, then we get the following:

filter1
filter2
filter2a
filter3