httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject ap_add_filter is broken
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:52:43 GMT

ap_add_filter is currently horribly broken.  We need to be pushing filters
onto the filter stack.  Roy has been saying this all along, and we have
basically not been paying attention.  I am still not convinced that just
pushing is enough to get the right order, but currently we are using a
FIFO structure.  This just won't work.  I am working on the chunking
filter right now, and it is absolutely impossible for me to know if
chunking should be in the filter stack before we insert the CORE
filter.  With the current code, we always insert the CORE filter, and then
when I want to insert the CHUNK filter, it goes after the CORE filter, and
never gets called.  Unless somebody objects hard, I will be fixing this
ASAP.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131