httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: mod_cgid and other-child maintenance
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 18:44:10 GMT

For APR_OC_REASON_RESTART mod_cgid should be shutdown and restart when the
server restarts.  This is necessary, because the new config may not have
the mod_cgid server loaded.

for APR_OC_REASON_UNREGISTER mod_cgid should be shutdown.  This means that
the cgid daemon has decided to call ap_unregister_other_child.  Sicne that
should never happen, the cgid process should just die, because we have
real problems.

Thanks for fixing mod_cgid.  I completely forgot I had left it half
done.  :-)

Ryan

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Currently, mod_cgid will segfault when its other-child maintenance
> routine cgid_maint() is called for reasons APR_OC_REASON_RESTART and
> APR_OC_REASON_UNREGISTER.  The cause is pretty simple: no user-data
> was specified when cgid_maint() was registered, but cgid_maint()
> thinks it will get user-data, and that it will point to a process id.
>
> What should cgid_maint() be doing for reasons _RESTART and
> _UNREGISTER?  Sending SIGHUP to the parent process id?  Nothing?
> (yea, I need to go learn the other other-child users to see what
> maintenance tasks are generally needed)
>
> --
> Jeff Trawick | trawick@ibm.net | PGP public key at web site:
>      http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9289/