httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src Makefile.in
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 17:48:55 GMT
On 9 Aug 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> James Sutherland <jas88@cam.ac.uk> writes:
>

> > +1
> >
> > How easy would it be to keep a doc-free version available, though? (For
> > automated tests etc., it would be a little quicker to check out the code
> > only.)
>
> I'm sure you already thought of this, but just in case:
>
> 1) Docs are required for "make install" to work.

Hrmph. Unless anyone can suggest any regression tests for the
documentation files - actually, I can think of a few, but they'd all fail
every .html file ATM - I don't want to install them anyway...

> 2) If you're doing "cvs update" in your automation, surely there
>    isn't much overhead to update the docs too?

Not MUCH overhead, no; the question is, would it be easier to retain the
existing functionality, or to add in this overhead again?

James.