httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van Zoest <san...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: missing htdocs directory in snapshots
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:29:43 GMT
On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > Each Apache *release* (not tarballs) should include docs.
>
> No.  This was one of the arguments that was made when we started talking
> about this.  The split was done so that more people could commit to the
> docs tree, not so that we could distribute source without docs.  In fact,
> when Marc spoke up and said he disliked distributing without docs, we all
> said the point was for CVS, not for any of our distributions.  Do you plan
> on mentioning someplace that all of a sudden when you download a CVS
> tarball, you also need to download an htdocs tarball?

I was more thinking of doing snapshots for http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/
and such.

> The source should never be distributed without the docs.

I would agree that you do not want people to have the source with the
docs since this would probably raise the support requests, but what
about the I18N process and stylizing of the documentation. These people
should have access to snapshots of the documentation, no?

I kinda thought those were the tarballs Sascha was talking about to
begin with.

--
Sander van Zoest                                         [sander@covalent.net]
Covalent Technologies, Inc. 				 http://www.covalent.net