httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Removing apidoc from 2.0
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:14:47 GMT
On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > If nobody complains, I would like to remove the apidoc directory
> > from the 2.0-httpd-docs tree.
>
> The problem with this is that it defeats the purpose of enabling
> non-coders to work on the documentation.  The way things are now
> in 2.0, only someone with commit access to the source tree can
> do diddly with the docco.
>
> -1 until we figure out a solution to that.

As I have said numerous times in the past, there is absolutely no need
to put docs into a separate top level directory in the CVS repository
to allow differing commit access to them.

If you want to allow a different set of users to commit to a certain
subdirectory, simply make all the files in that subdirectory owned
by a separate group.  End of story.  There is nothing magic as far as
permissions go WRT what level within the CVS repository the directory
is at.