httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject RE: XBitHack.
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 23:37:29 GMT
On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Ah, but as I reread your message, I see that your view was to force parsing
> of certain files. Why not just define a separate time. .shtml?

No, reread it again.

There are two separate issues there.  The first is the group execute
bit.  From the docs:

    As for on but also test the group-execute bit. If it is set,
    then set the Last-modified date of the returned file to be the
    last modified time of the file. If it is not set, then no
    last-modified date is sent. Setting this bit allows clients
    and proxies to cache the result of the request.

I am not aware of any other supported way to get this sort of functionality.

Then my other statement was a response to the "but we don't want to have
to change the names question" that hadn't been asked but is standard fare.