httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David McCreedy/Denver/IBM" <mccre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/experimental mod_charset_lite.c
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:14:35 GMT

I'm one of the developers that ported Apache 1.3 to IBM's EBCDIC-based TPF
operating system.
This built on the BS2000 port, so most all of the ASCII/EBCDIC issues were
handled already.

I can't speak for Apache 2.0, but in Apache 1.3 the request headers are
translated into EBCDIC so they can be read.
Headers in the response are originally written in EBCDIC and translated to
ASCII prior to being sent.

Apache 2.0 might do this quite differently for all I know.

-David McCreedy

"Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 08/18/2000 04:00:28 PM

Please respond to new-httpd@apache.org