httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Randy Terbush" <>
Subject RE: ap_make_dirstr
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:16:17 GMT
> wrote:
> >
> > No, that remark implies that we don't want to change the API after the
> > beta level begins
> We've had this discussion before.  I think there is far from a
> consensus that 'we don't want to change the API after beta.'

The very nature of a "beta" is to not change APIs. I've never been involved
in any other software engineering effort where that was different.

I'd like to think this entire group is motivated to get 2.0 out the door.
Given what I am seeing, it will seriously rock the web server world. If we
don't do a feature freeze for beta, that will never happen and some other
resourceful group will release something better.

> --
> #ken    P-)}
> Ken Coar                    <http://Golux.Com/coar/>
> Apache Software Foundation  <>