httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: missing htdocs directory in snapshots
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:54:56 GMT
At 04:15 PM 08/08/2000, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > While a lofty goal, it is in fact impossible unless you disable
> CVS
> > access altogether and only let people download through tarballs.
>
>No it isn't impossible.  It is in fact rather easy to combine
>multiple CVS repositories so that by checking out apache-2.0, you
>also get httpd-docs-2.0, but when you checkout httpd-docs-2.0 you
>don't get apache-2.0.  If I had the access on Locus, I would do this
>myself.  I don't have the access, and the people who do have the
>access could make this change much faster than I could anyway.

If that's the case, that there are only a few defined things you can
get from CVS, then CVS is much more limited than any other version
control system I've used, since they all let you get as little as a
single file at a time.

>IMNSHO a reasonable effort in this case means that when we tar up
>the code, we add the docs to it.  That is also not hard to do, but
>again, I don't have the access on Locus.

I did say that if it was possible to do this, then just do that and
everything is taken care of.  If not, then just having the two
side-by-side would be acceptable as well.  It seemed that if it were
possible to do this, then someone would have done it by now instead
of us sitting around discussing it to death.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu