httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Geard <delga...@geocities.com>
Subject Module development - redirecting output?
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:09:42 GMT
I sent this message already some time last week, but got no responses.
Is there someone on this list who can answer my question, or perhaps
point me in the direction of someone who can?

--------

Basically, I'm doing some work with mod_include as part of a final-year
project at university - attempting to add server-side caching to it.

I'm looking for some way to redirect the output of a request, sending it
to a file instead of to the client. The idea is that mod_include makes
subrequests that may be handled by other modules (including a .html
file, for example). Since I can't rewrite every module, my best idea at
present is to make the subrequest go to a file - something equivalent to
redirecting standard output.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing this, or an alternative to doing so?

--
Simon Geard

--
No Microsoft programs were used in the creation or distribution
of this message. If you are using a Microsoft program to view this