httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Removing apidoc from 2.0
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:16:26 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Whooops..  I meant to say that, yes +1 for option #3

Right-ho.  In the absence of any other opinions on this,
and since it hadn't been touched at all since its creation,
I have zapped the httpd-docs-2.0/apidoc/ directory tree.
I have replaced it with the inclusion of submodules, so
a checkout of httpd-docs-2.0 will now give you

httpd-docs-2.0/
  htdocs/
  apidoc/
    httpd/	# from apache-2.0/src/include/
    apr/	# from apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include/
    os/		# from apache-2.0/src/os/unix/

The only two things remaining are to make sure those directories
are owned by the right group (one that both docco people and coders
are in), and verifying how the karma check deals with the situation
and making sure it works correctly.  I'm working with Brian on
these.

Using CVS magic to include the docs with the sources appears to be
not-so-good for both 1.3 and 2.0 because of the Attic contents.
I'll probably be backing that change out very soon, so we'll be
going back to having to check out both source and docs.  cvs update
should work better after that reversion, too.
--
#ken    P-)}