httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: apr_sucks
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:51:31 GMT
dean gaudet wrote:

> btw ken i can't imagine why you don't think buckets would ever
> be reused by another program.

I'm referring to httpd and APR, respectively.  As much of the bucket
implementation as possible should be kept httpd-neutral and reusable,
and put in APR.

> oh wait, did you properly guess all the code which is library
> candidates and what isn't?  hope so!  'cause otherwise a name
> change is in the future!

Oh, I won't disagree at all that changes are a major pain and
detrimental -- but we wouldn't *be* changing them if the
APR stuff had been named appropriately to begin with, rather
than forced into the httpd namespace by a narrow voting margin
because one letter more was too much to type and hurt some
people's fingies.
--
#ken    P-)}