httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Extension methods
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:52:16 GMT
Currently there's a lot of dependency on hard-coded methods
in the server.  That is, the Allow: response field can only
list methods the server hardcodedly knows about, and likewise
for <Limit> and <LimitExcept>.

The <Limit> issue is a bit thorny to address, but allowing
modules to declare extension methods they'll handle, and having
them appear in the Allow field, is actually quite simple.
It involves the addition of an array_header to the response_rec,
and a new API routine.

I've prototyped this on my box, but it's not quite clean yet.
Shall I submit it as a patch, just go ahead and commit it,
or would someone like to veto the concept before I go to the
trouble? :-D
--
#ken    P-)}