httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject [fdrake@beopen.com: [XML-SIG] Future direction of Expat development]
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 21:31:00 GMT
fyi... some of the local change that the ASF has done for "expat-lite"
will be able to be folded back into Expat itself. I would guess that we can
get rid of all of our local changes (other than config/build, of course).

I'll post more as it arrives...

Cheers,
-g

----- Forwarded message from "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@beopen.com> -----

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:29:37 -0400 (EDT)
To: XML-SIG <xml-sig@python.org>
From: "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@beopen.com>
Subject: [XML-SIG] Future direction of Expat development

  Paul Prescod, Clark Cooper, and myself, are in the process of
setting up a new project at SourceForge to continue the development of
Expat.  Clark is the maintainer of the Perl bindings to Expat.  He is
bringing improved DTD reporting to the API, and Paul will be doing
some work to improve the Namespaces support in the API, allowing more
effective support for SAX2 without losing efficiency.  I'll be the
documentation guy (hard to see that one coming, huh? ;).
  We are doing this with the blessing of James Clark, who will be
providing his CVS tree for us to work from.
  I'll announce more when I have more details.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member