httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: AP_BUCKET_FILE read method
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 02:24:34 GMT
Bill Stoddard <reddrum@attglobal.net> wrote:

>I've been trying to understand the bucket code and implement
>ap_bucket_file. I can see two distinct behaviours of the read method
>I would like to see: 1. pass in a buffer and get data out, 2. pass in
>a paramater and get an apr_file_t out. I cannot get the same
>bahaviour out of the same read function. Case 2 is useful when I want
>to call apr_sendfile in the core filter. This seems to suggest adding
>an additional method to the bucket_t (I don't have a good name for
>it) in addition to the read or creating a different type of bucket.
>Thoughts?

I envisioned that the core filter would be given special dispensation
to diddle around inside file buckets so that it can call sendfile,
since that is a special optimisation that's only applicable to FILE
buckets. Unless you think other sendfileable bucket types might turn
up in the future...

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch