httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: Filtering STATUS report :-)
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:00:53 GMT
dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-httpd@arctic.org> wrote:

>lock contention on a free list is an issue... but then so is lock
>contention on all the alloc stuff currently.

It should be possible to fix this using thread-local storage but I
can't immeadiately see a good way of doing it without passing apr
structures around everywhere... but if that's a real problem it's
fixable.

A much bigger problem that I thought of last night is that buckets
have to use APR to do anything to the outside world (e.g. when
promoting a FILE bucket to an MMAP) but they don't have a pool to
do it with! aargh! IWBNI there was support for a NULL pool, i.e. "I'm
keeping track of things so use malloc() please".

>(i called this a pagemill in splim ;)

I couldn't find any references at all to "libsplim" with either Google
or Altavista, and "splim" just turned up a load of stuff about cannabis.
Do you have a URL for it?

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch