httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Filtering STATUS report :-)
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 02:35:06 GMT
On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 07:25:13PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >The filter is still allowed to set-aside bytes into its own buffer. The
> >setaside() hook in a bucket is to get a bucket (brigade) to set itself
> >aside.
>
> This could be just a bug in the current code, but when I looked the
> only buffer within the filter was the ctx bucket brigade.  I want to
> be sure that others think it is wrong before I go plowing in and
> fix it, since I apparently missed that part of the design meeting.

You didn't miss anything.

The ctx was not supposed to be a bucket brigade. I noticed that on the first
checkin. I just went and fixed it.

>From the design meeting, we had agreed that the ctx would be a void* (per
the original checkin for defining ap_filter_t). Further, the get/save data
for bucket brigades would *not* use that field. We agreed that nothing in
the filtering infrastructure should attempt to use that field, so that it
could be left for the filters to use as they desired.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/