httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: missing htdocs directory in snapshots
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 18:56:27 GMT
On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 11:39:14AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > Or alternately, start snapshotting the httpd-docs-xxx trees?
> >
> > I think snapshotting the doc trees seperately sounds good.
> > As long as we can tell which code revision it belongs to.
>
> Why?  The docs are tied to a revision of Apache.  There is no way it
> should ever be possible to download Apache and not get the docs.  It would
> also be nice to snapshot the docs separately, but nobody should have to
> download the docs if they have already downloaded Apache.

They aren't tied any more. We can make several releases of docs for every
Apache release. For example, even though we haven't released Apache 1.3.13
yet, we can make a doc release to fix doc bugs and to do i18n docs.

Each Apache *release* (not tarballs) should include docs.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/