httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 ABOUT_APACHE
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 07:30:58 GMT
>>   -the history of the Apache Software Foundation, recognize the many contrib
>utors, and
>>   +the history of the Apache Group, recognize the many contributors, and
>>    explain how you can join the fun too.
>
>There were a number of changes renaming "Apache Software Foundation" to
>"Apache Group". Did you intend to do that rename? I'd think it should be
>ASF.

Those should all be Apache Group.  Basically, the file describes the
background and history of the Apache HTTP Server Committee, which I
still prefer to think of as the AG.

I included a new section on the ASF, though we should probably have
that as a separarate file that is standard across all projects, or
move the AG-specific stuff to ABOUT_APACHE_SERVER (or whatever).

I only had time to do the basics of what I thought was necessary to
adequately attribute the people working on the project, prior to the
1.3.13 release going out.  Feel free to add whatever you think would
be good.

....Roy