httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Global data is evil :)
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 11:17:01 GMT

> What problem are you trying to solve with this?  The only problem with
>  this code, is that it uses globabl variable, which makes it
>  non-threadsafe, but we are using this function to parse command line
>  options.  We shouldn't need to do that after we have spawned threads.

Normally, no... but I believe Mr. Wrowe is trying to address an issue
regarding Win32 Service code which 'calls back' to main on the
same process ID using different command line arguments in order
to start the Service.

He is still trying to 'maintain' the same Apache main() startup
procedure but call it under that assumption that is IS thread-safe.

Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communications, Inc.

View raw message