httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Jones <JON...@er6s1.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject Re: More thoughts on caching in v2.0 - filtering
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:33:17 GMT
>If a compressed data stream comes past the caching filter, we cache the
>compressed data stream. If a normal data stream comes past the filter,
>we cache that as well, as a separate cache entry. If a French data
>stream comes past the caching filter, we cache that as well, same story.

It sounds like there is an open-ended list of attributes to qualify
each cache entry and the cache handler will have to know about
every one (yuck!).

A cache entry also has meta-data associated with it (refresh/replacement
policy info) that the filter would have to pick up from somewhere.

David L. Jones               |      Phone:    (614) 292-6929
Ohio State University        |      Internet:
140 W. 19th St. Rm. 231a     |               jonesd@er6s1.eng.ohio-state.edu
Columbus, OH 43210           |               vman+@osu.edu