httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Woolley" <JWOOL...@wlu.edu>
Subject Re: buckets: null terminated strings?
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2000 03:02:40 GMT
>>> rbb@covalent.net 07/21/00 10:47PM >>>

>The big thing, is that these are NOT NULL-terminated strings.

I got that much.  =-)

>The only thing they all have in common, is that they
>all resolve to a string and a length.  Although we allow people to get
>just a pointer to the start of the string, it is always assumed that
>people will get the start and the length.  Some buckets won't require
>this, but most will.

This is the assumption that I was missing (ie, that people are forced to
get the length from us).  Hmm... could be asking for bugs, but it makes
life easier for me.  <grin>  Okay, that's all I needed to know.  I was
actually going to suggest this as the way to go, but then I
second-guessed myself.  What can I say, it's late.  <sigh>  So I'm
giving up for the night anyway.  I'll submit the insert-upon-creation
patch I mentioned earlier sometime tomorrow.

--Cliff

Cliff Woolley
Central Systems Software Administrator
Washington and Lee University