httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/include http_config.h
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:28:31 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> On 28 Jul 2000, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > rbb@locus.apache.org writes:
> >
> > > rbb         00/07/28 11:53:03
>
> > >    # define AP_INIT_TAKE23(directive, func, mconfig, where, help) \
> > >        { directive, { .take3=func }, mconfig, where, TAKE23, help }
> > >   +# define AP_INIT_TAKE3(directive, func, mconfig, where, help) \
> > >   +    { directive, { .take3=func }, mconfig, where, TAKE23, help }
> >
> > Why isn't that TAKE3 instead of TAKE23?                  +
> >
> > (same question a few lines lower)
>
> What is the question?  We have always had the ability to do a TAKE23 and a
> TAKE3.  The original change left out the TAKE3 macros.  I just needed to
> fix that.

I guess my placement of the '+' sign at the end of my question wasn't
clear :)  Let's try again.

In your new AP_INIT_TAKE3() macros, it seems to me that you are
initializing the command_rec to state that the command can take either
2 or 3 parameters.  Look at the initializer for the next to last field
in command_rec.  You have TAKE23 instead of TAKE3.

In other words, why isn't your new macro instead

# define AP_INIT_TAKE3(directive, func, mconfig, where, help) \
    { directive, { .take3=func }, mconfig, where, TAKE3, help }

I think your version means that the config code will let the user get
away with specifying 2 arguments to a command that requires 3
arguments.  However, TAKE3 means that the command must have 3
parameters and the module coder shouldn't have to check on whether 2
or three arguments were specified.  O.k.?

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...