httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/locks/unix crossproc.c
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:15:03 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> This change needs to be backed out.  The pthreads spec does not use errno
> to report errors.  Every pthreads function I know of off the top of my
> head returns 0 on success and an error code on error.
>
> Errno shouldn't be used at all with pthreads.

Oops!  Unfortunately, OS/390, which is where I found the problem
empirically, must follow an earlier spec as it returns -1/errno from
pthread functions.  I'll rework the code to do the appropriate thing
based on how errors are reported on the platform.

Bummer...
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...