httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src Makefile.in
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:23:19 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Sascha Schumann wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > On 28 Jul 2000 sascha@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >
> > I really dislike this change.  This is part of what we were talking about
> > when the idea of separating the docs from the code was originally
> > presented.  If you are too lazy to bring down the docs, then you are
> > probably too lazy to update the docs too.  At that point, you should be
> > reminded everytime you try to install that you need to grab the docs tree.
>
>     Some people make changes which require changing the docs.
>     Some people do not. Or did I miss anything?

I think that is a cop-out.  Most people will at some point or another make
a change that requires a doc change.  The reason for splitting the docs
out into their own repository, is so that more people can help fix them,
not so that some programmers can ignore them.  This was the biggest
argument against splitting them out in fact.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131