httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: ClearModuleList == evil
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:31:23 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Shaun Savage wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have found that ClearModuleList command clears out all the modules
> except http_core.  then when the modules get loaded again the pre-linked
> modules are skipped.  I have mpmt_pthread  and mod_so prelinked.  during
> find the command, the linked list is hosed
>

> http_core	index 0,	next -> NULL
> mpmt_pthread	index 1,	next -> http_core
> mod_so		index 2,	next -> mpmt_pthread
> mod_mmap_static	index 3,	next -> http_core ***** bug
> ....		index 4,	next -> mod_mmap_static
>
> The question is should ClearModuleList clear the prelinked modules?

Yes.  This is what ClearModuleList does.  Basically, ClearModuleList is
designed to let us re-order ALL of the modules in the server.  This
includes those modules that were pre-linked.

For right now, just add an AddModule command to your config file that puts
the MPM back in the server.

We still need to decided if we even want to support ClearModuleList in
2.0.  If not, then we should remove it.  If so, then it should not be
clearing out the MPMs

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131