httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Anywhere to go for a summmary of I/O filtering?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:28:36 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 09:18:21AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > Filtering does a lot more than just SSL or mod_include processing
> > CGIs.  Filters allow us to simplify the entire server, remove some hacks,
> > and get a really cool proxy.
>
> Do we plan to introduce these benefits for 2.0?

We don't have to, if we get the API right for filtering.  If the API is
right, those are features that can be added with 2.1 or 2.2, without
affecting the rest of the server.  If the filtering API is wrong, those
features are impossible to add later because they require us to break
every module again.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131