httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: ap_child_init_hook ??
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:12:52 GMT

The Win32 MPM should most definately be calling the
child_init_hook.  However, this will not be called once per server.  The
problem is that the child_init hook is called everytime a child is
spawned.  The correct hook for once per server code is post_config.  This
code is called by the parent process when it is first started.

Ryan

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Gregory Nicholls wrote:

>     Hiya,
>       I'm trying to use the child_init_hook (2.0a4 base) as a method of
> performing once per server initialisation. I notice that this hook isn't
> called by the Win32 MPM and I was wondering if this is an oversight or
> deliberate because Win32 only uses threads. If it's deliberate could
> someone let me know what hook I should be using ??
>     Thanks,
>         G.

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131