httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Using DOC++ for Apache docs.
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:04:31 GMT

My initial analysis for documentation is done.

I have put examples and pros and cons for the packages I could find at:

http://www.apache.org/~rbb/docs

The only package I didn't include was kdoc, because it didn't offer
anything new that I could see.  The four options we have based on my VERY
rough research are DOC++, doxygen, scandoc, and pod.

My own preference is to use scandoc for our documentation.  It looks like
DOC++ (and therefor JAVADOC), but we have more control over the
output.

I expect that if we use ScanDoc, we will create our own templates, and use
our own images, but that is easy to change at any time.

So, can we vote and decide how to store our docs in the code please.  Once
we have a decision, I am likely to hack up a perl script to convert our
docs for APR.

I will tally any votes people send to the list, and report the decision in
a few days.

Ryan

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Greg Marr wrote:

> At 10:49 AM 07/21/2000, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > > I don't know how easy it is, but autoduck/autodoc supposedly can
> > be
> > > modified to output other formats.  It currently only output RTF,
> > DOC,
> > > and HLP.  I don't know how much it is tied to the PC though.
> > >
> > > You should be able to find it by searching for "Eric Artzt" (the
> > > author) in any major search engine.  If you have a problem finding
> > > it, I probably have a zip somewhere.
> >
> >Thanks, I'll add it to my list.
>
> I won't be around next week, so I found the zip and dropped it at
> http://www.wpi.edu/~gregm/autoduck.zip
> I also zipped up some files I modified locally that make it easier to
> find errors in the autoduck commenting that break builds
> http://www.wpi.edu/~gregm/autoduck-mods.zip
>
> --
> Greg Marr
> gregm@alum.wpi.edu
> "We thought you were dead."
> "I was, but I'm better now." - Sheridan, "The Summoning"

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131