httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: logging APR errors
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2000 14:57:42 GMT
On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > I do consider registering an error function with APR to be a hack.
>
> But as has been pointed out, that doesn't necessarily make it
> so.  And even if it were, having no way to get meaningful and
> relevant errors back to the app is worse.

But getting those messages back is easy.  Even if all we do is save the
error string in the pool that was passed into the APR function.  (although
that doesn't strictly work either).  What we really need, is the rich
error type that was designed two years ago.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131