httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Remove prefork MPM.
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:35:20 GMT

This is an ALPHA!  We can clean and optimize in beta stage.  Since when
has getting optimized code been a requirement for an alpha?  The code
works.  It is smaller than the three other MPMs combined, although not by
much right now.

If we leave the other code in there, nobody tries to fix the smaller
solution to make it clean.  If we rip out the MPMs that have duplicate
code, then we are forced to clean the one common MPM, and keep it clean.

Forget it.  I'll clean that code over the next week, and then I'll remove
the other MPMs once everybody says its okay.

Ryan

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Paul J. Reder wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > There is a lot of stuff we can do to make more of this code common, but it
> > will take more time.
>
> Then I would suggest that we leave the existing mpms around at least until
> mpmt has been cleaned up and optimized. If we have too much main line code
> that needs to be cleaned up and optimized, I fear we are going to end up
> with an unusable server.
>
> --
> Paul J. Reder
> "The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each
> citizen to defend it.  Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do
> his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure."
> -- Albert Einstein

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131