httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Remove prefork MPM.
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:14:58 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > I would like to remove the prefork MPM Tuesday.  Does anybody have
> > a problem with that?
>
> Yep, I do.  We need to keep a true prefork MPM around, not an
> emulated one that requires threads and thread locking.

There is no reason to have as much duplicated code as the Unix MPMs
have.  I can remove most of the duplicated code, but that requires opening
up a lot of static variables.  The more duplicated code we have, the more
times we have to fix the same bug.

I am in the middle of fixing mpmt so that it doesn't require any of the
threads stuff.  That is an optimization though, and it can wait for a day
or two.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131