httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: BIG filtering patch.
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 16:20:41 GMT
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >
> > AddFilter .cgi ssi-parse digestify
> >
> > meaning that the output from the content handler for .cgi
> > would be run through the SSI parser, and the result of *that*
> > would then be passed through the digestifier.
> Since CGI scripts in "include virtual" SSIs get processed
> as subrequests, *their* output would be parsed before being
> passed back into the calling ssi-parse filter.  But somehow
> digestify would have to be deferred to only being called once,
> on the final output.  Hmm..

I think this will be solved by re-writing a lot of the sub-request
code.  Sub-requests currently send their response to the client on their
own.  I believe that with filtering, we want sub-requests to return a
bucket_brigade and let the original request send the data to the client.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message