httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: Unix MPMs...
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:23:05 GMT

> > > There are currently 40 places in the entire directory where I check for
> > > which MPM is currently being used.  Many of those can go away once we
> > > finish the scoreboard abstraction, and if we invest some time in scrubbing
> > > the code.  There are two or three functions that are just re-implemented
> > > wholesale for each MPM.

Oh, I should also mention that this last part about two or three functions
is a bit mis-leading.  Because of the way the scoreboard stuff is
currently done in mpmt_pthread and prefork, all of the scoreboard code is
duplicated.  Once I finish a bit more work on my latest filtering patch, I
expect to attack the scoreboard stuff with gusto.  :-)

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message